What is Lead?
Lead is a naturally occurring chemical present in the earth’s crust. It is used in various industrial applications and products, including batteries, pipes, paints, and gasoline. While essential to these industries, lead is a hazardous substance that can harm humans upon exposure.
Where Does Lead Exposure Occur?
Lead poisoning can occur in numerous ways and in various environments, such as:
- Workplaces, especially those involving construction, painting, and battery manufacturing.
- Lead-based paints
- Contaminated water from lead pipes
- Imported goods contaminated with lead.
- contaminated drinking water
- dust from lead-based paint.
- Soil, particularly near industrial facilities that release lead.
What Are the Side-Effects of Lead Poisoning?
Lead poisoning, particularly prolonged exposure, can result in severe health problems, including:
- Damage to the nervous system and kidneys
- High blood pressure and heart disease
- Decreased fertility
- Intellectual disabilities and behavioral problems in children
- Miscarriage, stillbirth, or premature birth in pregnant women
Lead Poisoning Lawsuits
Multiple lawsuits have been filed in the past as a result of lead poisoning. For example, in Flint, Michigan, numerous lawsuits were filed against city and state officials due to lead-contaminated water, resulting in widespread health issues. In Baltimore, a resident successfully sued his landlord for lead poisoning, proving his cognitive disabilities were due to lead exposure during his childhood.
Gianaris Trial Lawyers: Your Advocate in Lead Poisoning Cases
At Gianaris Trial Lawyers, we understand the devastating effects of lead exposure. Our expert team offers free consultations to determine if you have a legitimate claim. We specialize in suing large companies responsible for toxic exposure to chemicals, including lead. With our relentless advocacy and extensive experience, we can help you secure justice and get the compensation you deserve. Our commitment is to put your needs first and make the legal process as straightforward as possible.
If you or a loved one has suffered due to lead poisoning, contact us today. Your fight is our fight, and we won’t rest until justice is served.