What is Arsenic?
Arsenic is a naturally occurring chemical element often combined with other elements to form organic and inorganic compounds. While playing a crucial role in several industries, arsenic poisoning can lead to toxic health effects upon substantial interaction.
Where Might You Be Exposed to Arsenic?
There are several sources and environments where arsenic poisoning can happen, including:
- Consuming contaminated water.
- Exposure at workplaces such as smelting and refining industries, and pesticide production.
- Usage of certain homeopathic medicines and herbal dietary supplements.
- Living near hazardous waste sites or areas with high natural arsenic levels.
What Are the Side-Effects of Arsenic Poisoning?
Long-term exposure to arsenic can lead to chronic arsenic poisoning, with symptoms such as:
- Severe stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- Abnormal heart rhythm and damaged blood vessels.
- Darkening and discoloration of the skin, and increased risk of skin cancer.
- Paralysis and blindness.
- Increased risk of bladder, skin, lung, digestive tract, liver, and kidney cancer.
Examples of Lawsuits Arising from Arsenic Poisoning
Numerous lawsuits have been spurred due to arsenic exposure. One such instance involved residents of a small town filing suits against a smelter company responsible for contaminating their water supply. In another instance, a former worker secured a settlement against his employer for unsafe work conditions leading to arsenic poisoning.
How Gianaris Trial Lawyers Can Assist in Arsenic Exposure Cases
Gianaris Trial Lawyers extends a dedicated team experienced in handling cases of chemical toxic exposure, including arsenic poisoning. We offer free consultations to assess your situation and eligibility for making a claim. Our firm is dedicated to fighting for justice, particularly against large corporations accountable for chemical exposure. We persist relentlessly in securing the compensation you need and deserve.
If you or a loved one is a victim of arsenic poisoning, do not hesitate to reach out to us. Your fight becomes our battle, and we won’t rest until we achieve justice. Remember, we stand by you in every step of this journey towards rightful compensation and justice.